2 sleeps until I leave on holiday to sunny Bali.
I have already set aside the things I will be taking with me (3 swimsuits, 3 sundresses, 1 pair of “Bali” pants, a hat, 3 bottles of sunscreen, and my running gear). These will be packed into my miniscule suitcase on Tuesday night when I get home from work. I’m looking forward to getting away to another country to escape, even if it is only temporary.
This year has passed so quickly. So many things have happened and so many things have not happened. Nonetheless, it has been a big year:
- M -The man who quite possibly may be the last man who will ever really love me, decided that our time frames for major life events were far too mismatched, and we had to break up.
- Mr X –The man who quite probably (at least right now it feels that way) will be the last man I will ever love, has found himself happy in a committed relationship (but not with me).
- My PhD was passed.
- I left a secure but frustrating and stressful job and entered into a scary, challenging new job.
- I bought a house.
- I discovered that I can sleep.
- I learned that you can physically run out of tears if you cry for too long (I’m also pretty sure that during particularly hard bouts of blubbering I have actually shed tears through my eyebrows…?!).
- I learned to ride a mountain bike (albeit badly).
- I discovered that I really like shoes and accessories.
- I am finally discovering my own sense of style.
- I have been learning how to say “no”, and mean it.
Clearly there has been growth in some areas, and in other areas, growth has been somewhat stunted.
But I continue to hope that things will eventually change and that I will be able to look back on this period of my life and say that it lead to something more positive than I could have every dared to imagine at the time.