I. Am. Impatient.
Seriously, I am my own worst enemy! Once I set my mind on something, I want it to have happened yesterday. I have no sense of enjoyment for the journey and that feeling of anticipation. Nope, I am a Gen X with the (somewhat unfairly) stereotyped Gen Y attitude.
Thing is, I know that sometimes moving slowly is a blessing. Sometimes, NOT getting what you want when you want it really is the best thing.
Example: (and it’s a biggie) About 8 months ago I was going through a majorly clucky phase. I wanted a baby and I was panicking that I was running out of time. Well, turns out I was running out of time- running out of time to actually WANT a baby! Turns out my clucky phase was just that- a phase. Now, I am so grateful that all I have to think about is me and my two furry friends. I am grateful that I have freedom.
Nevertheless, knowing all of this does not make the anticipation of something else that I have convinced myself I want, less infuriating, in this moment.
Some things I have been impatient about lately:
1. Love life -Of COURSE this was going to make the top of the list! 🙂 Yup, I have decided I want to be settled down, probably no kids, find me a man – any man- I’ll marry him! I cant wait for the day when I have someone to come home to, someone to snuggle into at night (pray that he is not a snorer!), and someone to cook for! Cooking for one is so uninspiring.
Plus, I have already got my shortlist of engagement ring designs (ok…I admit, they are all hideously expensive- but I’m willing to pay half!), wedding locations (low key) and honeymoon destinations (spectacular!), house with the white picket fence? Still working on that one…
2. Career (more on this soon)
3. Fitness – I have lost a bit of traction lately, a couple of slip ups with the diet and some travel followed by a stomach bug here and there (planes really are giant petri dishes!) meant less working out. Time to regroup and refocus!
4. Renovations – mostly stymied by lack of funds (#2 could assist this), but primarily impatient with my dogs who, regardless of how much I walk them, INSIST on digging up every last inch of my backyard!
5. My strata manager – Where is he?? Has he relocated to the MOON??? No- it must be some other land mass in the galaxy because I know we have the ability to communicate with people on the moon!
6. My car- it’s been fixed now but it left me stranded over the weekend. The upside was that at least it had the courtesy to break down in my own carport so I was not stranded on the side of the freeway somewhere. I may however, have come dangerously close to wearing a groove in my living room tiles from pacing around so much in wait for the roadside assistance man.
7. The other parties in a legal dispute – (work matter). When are they going to see sense?!
8. Australia Post – How long does a parcel take??? AND how many times is the post man going to throw parcels in the yard with my dogs (where they are generally destroyed before I find them)??? Similarly, how long must it take for them to review the subsequent claim?
Mmmmmmm I think that’s about it. There are others but that would just be nitpicking.
Am I a lost cause? I’m sure that I am getting more impatient with every year that goes by…is there something wrong with me?
I am worried I have prematurely used up all of my patience in my younger years when other teenagers and twenty-somethings were blowing off steam and venting their frustrations freely.
Am I a ticking time bomb? I feel like one of those movie bombs that speed up to a frenzy before they blow.
I have a real concern that when I die my headstone will read simply “GRRRRR”.
How does one fix this?